A series of utilities blogs based on the findings of the 2018 CGI Client Global Insights
Each year, CGI leaders meet face-to-face with business and IT executives to hear their perspectives on the trends affecting their organizations and the implications for their business. Our experts incorporate the findings and insights from these conversations into our annual strategic planning process and share them with clients through CGI Client Global Insights reports.
Our conversations with utilities executives reveal that while becoming digital organizations to meet customer expectations accelerates, changing business and operating models have become key to the energy transition. In fact, 76% of the utilities executives we interviewed identify changing business and operating models to address distributed energy resources (DERs) as a top trend, compared to just 45% in 2017. Another notable finding is the increasing importance of cybersecurity, with 88% citing it as a growing concern.
Our five-part Utilities Digital Journey Insights blog series builds on these industry findings. In these blogs, CGI expert Ana Domingues explores the way forward for utilities, shares relevant examples from across industries, and the lessons to be learnt from the leaders succeeding in the digital transformation journey.
- Part 1 – Why are utilities playing catch-up in the race to digitally transform?
- Part 2 – Unlocking executive priorities for innovation
- Part 3 – Data, the new “digital capital” - Going beyond the hype of advanced analytics and AI
- Part 4 – Utilities’ pursuit of new business models accelerates
- Part 5 – Utilities decentralize organizational models to meet consumer needs
Also take a look at our?2018-2019 Insights to Action report in which we showcase the innovative work we are doing to support our clients in becoming digital enterprises.